There are few worse things than standing in an ankle-deep puddle of murky water when you shower. Honolulu plumbers can help you to get rid of this worse situation. It’s the standing water’s dreaded half-bath, and it takes place to the best of us. The slimy buildup of everything often can cause this slow shower drains problem. Everything runs down the shower drain, dirt, debris, soap and shampoo, hair, and dead skin cells. Most of the blockage occurs because of hair buildup over time.
Irrespective of the causes, here are some best tips on how you could fix your slow drain problem. The Honolulu plumbers suggest both more straightforward fixes and more complicated solutions. The best plumbing Oahu is always available to help you.
Pour Boiling Water Down in your Drain: Honolulu Plumbers
You need to boil water so that you can pour it down in your drain right out of your gate. This trick helps to break down some of the little clogging substances like greases and soap and helps to fix the slow drains.
However, the Honolulu plumbers suggest that this trick will not work on severe or significant clogs. Mainly if my hair’s severe buildup causes the clogs. However, if your blockages don’t clear complete using this tip, they may need more concrete action. To make the tub more useable, it may speed the drainage, and it would help you leave a slow shower drain but not a clogged one. However, if your plumbing system consists of PVC pipes, don’t try this at home because boiling water damage the PVC pipes. The Honolulu plumbers make you careful in advance so that you don’t need to suffer later.
Use a Plunger
We are usually used to using the plungers with toilet clogs, but this tool is also an excellent option for your shower drain. The Honolulu plumbers suggest you use the plunger to remove your toilet clogs. However, too deep blockage in the pipes may be ingrained to have easier plunger suction.
How to Do It
- Run enough water so that it fills the shower base
- Ensure that the plunger’s edge is in underwater
- If in getting a good seal you are facing a hard time, try to rub some petroleum jelly on the plunger’s edges
- Plunge rapidly so that the clog out soon
Try Baking Soda and Vinegar
The Honolulu plumbers suggest that if you prefer the natural household products most, you should use a mixture of baking soda and vinegar. According to the best plumber Oahu, it’s one of the best ways of clearing the slow shower drain. You will get the natural drain cleaner through this household combo. Moreover, it will not damage your pipes if it works properly.
How to Do It:
- First, roughly down your drain, pour baking soda in one cup. You don’t need an exact measurement for doing it
- Wait for a few minutes, and after a few minutes, pour down the vinegar in an equal amount
- Let the mixture of these two sit for one hour at least
- Follow up the process with another boiling water around and see whether your shower is draining fast or not.
Unclog the Drain by Hand
When all the above options fail, the Honolulu plumbers suggest that this option can be helpful for you.
How to Do It
- Grab the gloves one pair
- Remove the cover of your drain. You may also need to unscrew it depending on your gutter or pry it open
- Look into the drain’s inside until you find the clog’s building up
- Pull out any blockage or clogs
- Use a wire piece if you fail to reach the clog using your hand
- You can also take help from Honolulu plumbers to solve this issue.